A Good Day

A good day today. I just left my Mom and Dad at the hospital. This was the last day my Dad can have solid food for probably the next 4 days. Those of you who know my Dad and the way he enjoys a good meal, will understand how hard that will be. If you don’t know my Dad, imagine someone who really enjoys a good meal, to the extent that those who know him know him for enjoying a good meal and you’ve got the idea.

So, I brought steaks to replace the hospital food tonight and we all enjoyed a good meal together before he switches to water from a tube for the next few days. Tomorrow will be spent preparing for surgery which isn’t really a pleasant thing in itself. If there is a consolation for having to go through that and having to miss Church, at least my Dad will get to see the early football games for the first time probably since Church was snowed out in Canada 25 years ago.

As far as my Dad’s symptoms, which are primarily extreme abdominal pain, they were better today than they have been since before coming to the hospital which has been a tremendous blessing for him. He didn’t get much sleep last night due to a short-lived, but unwelcome fever, so if you are reading this tonight, pray that he and my Mom are able to get some rest tonight.

That’s the latest. No real news, which at this point is a good thing.

As always, thank you all for your prayers and continued words of encouragement.

Comments

Peggy said…
I would imagine he savored every single bite of that steak. And you loved just watching him enjoy.
You're doing a great job , Josh. Keep it up. We will do our part with the prayers.
cwinwc said…
A steak dinner with (insert Charlie Chan voice) #1 son and uninterrupted viewing of football – it doesn’t get much better than that. I’m glad your Dad’s pain has alleviated somewhat. It’s 9:55pm here on the east coast so I will pray for both your Mom and Dad. May they along with you get the rest they need. Your “coast to coast” family is with you my brother.
Anonymous said…
Josh
I am in prayer for your dad and family. I know what it is like to waite for hours for a phone call. I spoke to your mom last night and hope to come and visit later this week or early next week depending on how everything goes. You are in my prayers big time right now. Take care. Keep those blogs coming. I love you guys.
Blessings
Ann Tumlinson Cunningham
That is fantastic! Good is good.

A few days without hearty meals are a small price to pay for life, in the scheme of things. Circumstances like this certainly put things into perspective!

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego