Random points

My wife and are planning to attend the Zoe conference in Fresno in January. Anyone else who reads this thinking about going? I’m always on the lookout for opportunities to get to meet some of you in person.

Why is it that whenever I get injured playing sports, people always tell me I should stop playing sports? I bruised my ribs playing basketball last night and today people at the office keep saying things like “time to give up contact sports” or “aren’t you getting too old for that?” or “you play basketball? Really? You? Hahahahahahahaha” Other than that last response, I don’t get it. I love basketball. I love the pushing and shoving and grabbing and biting and that’s just at the drinking fountain between games. I hurt in some way every time I play and that’s just part of it. Why would I give this up? I mean, people may wish I would so they wouldn’t have to play with me, but I’ve never been that big on granting other people’s wishes.

Portland decided it needed another parking garage downtown so rather than adding additional concrete to the skyline, they tore down a building and dug a giant hole. The whole will become an underground parking garage with a park on top at street level. How cool is that? This is reason number 548 that I love living in Portland.

The Trailblazers get things started with their first preseason game tonight which would be exciting enough, but the great part about it is that I get to take one of my sons who absolutely loves going to games. Good, good times.
Ok, random post today, but that’s all I have.

Comments

Peggy said…
Hi Tanya, what do you want to talk about today?

Josh--are you driving to Fresno? How about a little Moby for the road trip????
Anonymous said…
Hi Peggy. Here is a topic. I took youngest son to a cafe today with several of my friends. It is a hands on cafe with a play area in the center and serves a dizzying array of peanut butter and jelley sandwich creations. When one of the boys took away the trains youngest son was playing with, he told him that if he didn't give him back the trains, his mommy (me) would "come take the trains and sit on him until he was really sad". Where does he get these things? I almost NEVER sit on my children as a disciplinary technique! Can you speculate as to how it is that Mr. Stump's clearly wacky genes seem to have overwhelmed my obviously calm and normal DNA??
Peggy said…
Hi Tanya! Please allow me to explain everything. First of all, you are correct, this is Josh's fault. I saw a show on TV that was all about gangs, and it said one of the main reasons kids join gangs is for protection. Your boys see your family as a gang, because Mommy offers protection and Daddy listens to hip hop. Your son was just defending his turf.
I forgot to tell you that both boys were actively recruiting for their gang at the wedding.
Anonymous said…
Interesting. Recruiting you say? I hope Tomo joined up. I always think it is more interesting to have a multicultural gang and a spiky haired Japanese guitar player would really add to the diversity of our gang! And Tim too, it is very important to me that we have up to the minute news on the science of selling nutritional produce. And you, of course have to join because you like the Foo Fighters and are generally about the coolest thing going in any gang I know of.
Peggy said…
Hey Tanya, Do you think you and I should start our own blog, or continue our mutiny of Josh's blog?

Really, we could do both....
leslie said…
i vote you continue your mutiny.. at least a little longer...it is really amusing to watch...(sorry josh)
Stoogelover said…
I think the women have taken over your blog!
Peggy said…
Hey Tanya! Of course Tomo joined the gang immediately once the boys assured him that Mommy offered global protection,reaching all they way to Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
Did I ever tell you that Tomo asked me if Josh is a "Holy Man?"
That's funny.
Anonymous said…
Peggy, you have no idea the span of my protection, for the right price. Actually, it is a bargain, all I need from Tomo is a bag of bit o honey's and an authentic samaurai sword.
It is no wonder he asked about Josh's Holy Man status. I suggested he wear a collar or a purple robe or something but he insisted that he looked plenty holy in his lawyer suit!
I like the mutiny. Do you think he will someday be brave enough to let us be guest bloggers???
Josh Stump said…
Tanya and Peggy, I appreciate the approach you are taking to my blog as it relieves me the need to do at least 2 things I would otherwise have to do. First, I no longer feel the need to convince anyone that any whacky behavior exhibited by my sons comes from their mother and our wacky friends. So, thanks for that.

Second, I no longer have to determine whether to ask you (again) to guest write on my blog since you have, as with most other things, determined it better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. come to think of it, you didn't really ask for forgiveness either...hmmm...

Keep up the good work.

Also, Peggy, we are driving to Fresno and no I want no part of Moby, but thanks for asking.

Greg, and why not?
Peggy said…
Josh, please accept this apology that David used when he was about 3 or 4 years old:
"Sorry....but.....not sorry."
I told Tomo that you are not a holy man, but that you are God's friend, and that actually impressed him more. And I'll get that Moby to you right away.

Tanya, I will put in your order with Tomo for bit o honeys and samaurai swords. Its the least he can do, being in the gang and all.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Peggy. I love the apology. I think I may start using that. that is what I have meant all along but now I can SAY what I really mean! I will look forward to Tomo's offering.
Unknown said…
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

and . . . our whole fam will be at ZOE

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego

So Much Going On