From Polynesian Chicken to Polynesian Cultural Center

I'm back briefly, after my Wife, brother and I spent the last 4 days backpacking in the the Three Sisters wilderness area just east of Eugene, Oregon. We had a great trip and everyone had a good time, and I plan to post a thorough report, but I'm swamped this week since I was gone part of last week and only in the office 3 days this week. And so, because of my so-called "real job" my blogging may have to wait a bit.

On Thursday, my lovely wife and I have to leave again. This time, it's not a fun vacation where we get to hike around the forrest debating the pros and cons of freeze dried "Polynesian Chicken with rice and vegetables" versus freeze dried "Spaghetti with meatballs." No, this is a working trip.

The firm has asked me to attend a grueling conference with hundreds of other lawyers to help fashion the broad legal policies in this country's legal community, make recommendations to policy makers regarding the appointment of judges and new legislation, and attend seminars on topics ranging from the legal implications of nanotechnology to complications in licensing schemes with the advent of telemedicine, all....

....over pina coladas.

On Thursday, Tanya and I are flying to Hawaii to attend the American Bar Association's annual meeting and will be gone for 6 days. Like all legal conferences it is a glorified excuse for lawyers to go to some fancy location and get their lawfirm to pick up the bar tab. I'm sure I have your overwhelming sympathy. Thank you.

So, my blog posts might be sparse for a while, though I do plan to take a laptop with me and if I'm inspired while on the bea...I mean in an important meeting, I will try to post some things. So, be on the look out for posts on:

1. A diary from my backpacking trip
2. Why I hate Cliff bars
3. Shameless bragging about how cool my wife is
4. the "modern" Olympics (very excited about this one)
5. and, on the movie site, my movie review of Superman Returns.

Comments

John Roberts said…
Oh brother, what a lousy break. I hope you don't get bitten by a shark - that's right, they don't bite lawyers - professional courtesy. Take pictures and make us all even more jealous. And try to force yourself to take a break from the meetings and have a good time.
Mike Lewis said…
Were you singed in the fires there?
Thurman8er said…
Yeah....

Teachers don't have conferences on the islands either.
pina coladas!!! . . . those are virgin right?? :-)

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
Alan said…
Dude...I talked to a guy in Hawaii this afternoon. He said he hasn't seen you. Then again he was maning a booth at a home show in Kona.

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego

So Much Going On