More good news

More good news today about my Dad. He got scanned today and talked to the doctors and they all declared his surgery a success. Ding dong, the tumor's dead. Sadly, it took a big chunk of liver with it which is resulting in some fairly extreme pain for my Dad, but the surgery went well and the remaining tumor in his chest is stable so today was a day of good news. Praise God.

No time to provide Day 2 of the Vacation extravaganza. Instead my thought for the day is I bet the ability to read other people's minds is the most overrated super power. It sounds like something that you would like to have, but I'm guessing it would make most people miserable. Think about the people you know with absolutely no social filter. Now think about how much fun it is to be around them. Now consider if everyone was like that. See what I mean?

I would much rather have invisibility or the power to turn any rock into a sandwhich.

Comments

Peggy said…
Of course Tim and I have had this discussion and I feel that invisibility would be useless if it is not accompanied by the ability to be soundproof as well or people would quickly catch on and hear you coming. Tim says it still has value.

We need further clarification on the rock/sandwich power. Would the sandwich be turned into the same size rock it came from? If so,time would be wasted searching for a nice sized rock.

That's great news about your dad, he is still on the 24/7 prayer list.
medallionguru said…
Awesome news about your dad! Thanks for a good laugh reading about the boys on vacation. Time to get together for lunch.
Tam said…
I like the idea of turning rocks into sandwiches, however, I would prefer dark chocolate. Having the power to turn rocks into your favorite food would mean you'd also possess the power to not gain an ounce of weight (I think that's a given).

Wonderful new about your Dad!

Oh, and Clint says "Hey how 'bout those Lakers and Celtics!"

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego

So Much Going On