Blogtigation

It isn’t exactly and elegant term, but that is of little consequence given its likely paucity of use. However, "Blogtigation" is the term I’m coining to describe when a dispute comes up on someone’s blog through the comments, responding posts on another blog or the like. For example, if someone wanted to argue that is better for our society to have so many “reality” tv shows that feature people yelling at each other and responded to my post and then I responded and then we went back and forth, we would be in informal blogtigation.

Then, if each side got blog lawyers involved to help them settle the dispute you would be in formal blogtigation and be at real risk of being a huge dork and perhaps, with some luck at least mildly entertaining.

Recently I have been retained to serve as blog counsel in some blogtigation over the name of a certain blog further confirming what you already knew about me being a huge dork and possibly even providing some entertainment. At least, I was very entertained by the whole thing.

Here’s the background and a link if you want to check it out. Some of the folks in my blog circle have a friend named Brad. Brad started a contest on his blog to determine the name of his blog with an offer of a $10 Starbucks card to the winner. His friends submitted various options and a winner was chosen…Greg or “Stoogelover” for those who read my blog and its comments. Greg won with an entry that Randy had coined but not submitted. Blogtigation ensued over who should get the gift card.

Check it out over at www.bradpalmore.com. Scroll down to the post on April 7 for the full story and be sure to browse the comments for full entertainment. Enjoy.

Comments

Peggy said…
Why is this even being disputed? Randy won!
It's time to discuss punitive damages.
Stoogelover said…
Your offering was hilarious!! I would say Peggy is a bit more than prejudice, too. :)
cwinwc said…
I think Brad should split his gift card with Randy and Greg. To each, a half cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Of course, the above opinion is not necessarily the opinion of this blogger, his family, his pets, or any other creature who happens to reside on this blog, et. al.
Anonymous said…
Josh -

Your "Brief" on Brad's blog Thursday was super! I was really impressed with it, I have to say, the way you spun together law and laughter.

I know you must have spent a great deal of time on it, and it showed.

I've read your blog at times before and always liked it. (I really liked your movie review of Michael Clayton. Tom and I went to see it in the theater and loved it!) Now, I've marked your blog as one of my favorites and will come by here regularly.

Come by and visit Finding Direction when you have time!

Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

Dee
Unknown said…
My attorney has authorized me to say that my attorney is brilliant!
Josh Stump said…
Peggy, I think subjecting people to my quasi-legal writing was punitive enough.

Greg, thanks it was easily the most fun legal project I've had in a while.

Cwinwc, very Solomonesque of you. It appears now that a settlement is in the works.

Dee, thank you. It actually didn't take as much time as you might think, which really just means that I am crazy enough to think like that naturally. I will absolutely check out your blog and am glad to have you reading mine.
Josh Stump said…
Randy, you must have a very wise and handsome attorney
Cheryl Russell said…
That is hilarious! I should have gotten in on the name choosing!

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego

So Much Going On