Just because...

No good reason, just thougth I would share.... Oh wait, this is a blog, you already knew that.

1. Got a great card from a good friend whose name rhymes with Peggy that said, "when the popsicle hits the floor, we're there for you." Totally made my day.

2. On a sunny day Portland, Oregon may be the most beautiful city in the world. If you disagree, prove it.

3. I think it is one of the best things in the world that my youngest son thinks it is one of the best things in the world when I run over and tackle him unexpectedly in the middle of the living room.

4. My new Directv DVR is almost as good as Tivo and with the HD picture, I don't even miss Tivo. Never thought I would see the day when I could say that.

5. My wife wore her hair short for years and now wears it long. Sometimes it is straight and sometimes it is super curly. Sometimes it has reddish highlights and sometimes it is dark chestnut. Sometimes she wears it up, sometimes down. In every instance she still looks the same age as when she graduated from highschool and only gets more beautiful.

6. My son Gibson just learned about fractions and sometimes practices his fractions with no prompting. I don't know whether to be deeply concerned or to start donating to MIT.

7. I have rediscoverd in the last couple days that I literally never tire of talking about sports.

8. Why were people able to drink coffee for so long without those little sleeves that go around the cup? This generation is soft in the fingertips I say.

9. Why do we call current tv programming "reality tv" when they nearly universally involve situations that are nowhere to be found in "reality" and are in every aspect nearly completely scripted?

10. Not to sound too much like a fortune cookie, but I feel major change coming. Not sure what, how or when, but it's like the trick knee in the back of my head is acting up in anticipation of a storm. Maybe it's esp. Maybe just espn. tough to say for sure.

Comments

Peggy said…
Please allow me to explain everything.
Tanya is a carrier of the "infinite beauty" gene, while you are a carrier of the "non-stop sports talking" gene. This has manifested in your sons as the "early onset fractions discussions gene" and the "I like to be tackled" gene.
If your family had a full genetic and DNA workup by a team of geneticists from around the globe they would tell you exactly the same thing.
cwinwc said…
Never been to the
Great Northwest. I need to make the trip. Does Walton still play for the Blazers?
Thurman8er said…
Catching up here. GREAT news about your dad and he will continue to be in my prayers. And now for the list.

1. That's good.

2. I live in Fresno. I can't make any kind of argument whatsoever. You win.

3. My kid loves that too and I love that he loves it.

4. HDTV on a DVR is the best combination of abbreviations in the history of the world.

5. I too married out of my class.

6. I teach math. Send him TO ME.

7. I never tire of talking about baseball. So I get this.

8. I drink Pepsi. I have just discovered the 12-oz bottles and am enjoying them very much.

9. For the same reason that when I want to know if my wife recorded something on the DVR, I ask her if she "taped" it. Stuff sticks.

10. I'm with Garth Algar here. I fear change.

(Glad you're back in blogland, bro.)
Josh Stump said…
Peggy, Thanks for clearing that up. I will cancel that team of experts I had set up to come check us out.

Never been to the PNW? Cecil. My man. That is just sad. You have an open invitation to come up and enjoy the StumpTown nickel walking tour of Portland, or the StumpTown basement theater, complete with excellent popcorn and redvines, and many other things that my fair city has to offer including a trip to see the now relevant again Blazers to help bring you up to speed on the roster.

Thurman8er - Very thorough. Very nice. Thank you. Glad to be back.
Stoogelover said…
YOU'RE BACK!

So Portland is the most beautiful city in the world how many days a year? And when it rains, what is the most beautiful city?

I've learned one can never go wrong writing nice things about one's wife in one's blog!

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego