I may be naming my next pet "Gleevac"


Well, I am happy to report I already have some information and it is good. If you had told me that the Blazers were going to get the number one pick in this year’s NBA draft yesterday, I would have assured you that would be the best news of my day. Now, though, it seems rather trivial compared with the news about my Dad.

The drug he is taking appears to be working. The results are preliminary, but it appears that the cancer has not spread and there is some indication that the existing tumors are shrinking. I can’t express how good that news is. I can’t properly express the praise for God I feel in my heart. It is just wonderful. Like I said, the results are only preliminary, but all the signs at this point are positive. My Dad still has cancer, but the one drug that might work appears to be doing its job. If you are the praying sort, join me in thanking God today. If you are not, you have my deepest sympathies.

That’s all for today. Nothing to top that. Nothing even close.

Comments

cwinwc said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
cwinwc said…
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

In "Southern-eese" - That's what I'm talking about!
DKU said…
AMEN to that!!!!
Peggy said…
I'm pretty sure that Gleevac will be a pug. Gleevac will be an excellent singer and attend hot tub baptisms. (For those of you who don't understand, make up your own story.)

The news on your Dad is the biggest and best news of the day! I do not know why it was not on CNN...Its just THAT BIG.

And we continue to pray without ceasing...
Stoogelover said…
That's very good news.
Anonymous said…
So your Dad is doing great but you decided to post a picture of our son looking like HE is undergoing chemotherapy??? Fortunately he is overwhelmingly handsome enough to pull off some of his mother's questionable barbering!

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego