In your honor, I will stay home from my job and not go to the bank or post office

Just a quick couple of notes today.

First, thank you to all of the people who continue to check in with me about my Dad, I am sincerely touched by your concern. He is still doing well. He got hooked up to the wound vacuum finally, so that should speed along the healing process, though I doubt it will be fun to lug around.

Second, I have a new post on my sports blog and should have a couple new things (finally) on the entertainment blog this weekend.

Third, does taking a day off from work or closing federal agencies really honor someone's memory or work? I mean, this is the classic way for us to "celebrate" someone, as we do this Monday for Martin Luther King. But does this make any sense? I mean, I know certain people and groups, do other things to honor what he did, but why the day off? Is it so we can do something to honor his memory if we choose? Not sure. The whole thing seems odd to me. This reminds me of one of the little ironies that always stuck out like a needle that the tailor left in your suit pants, was the way that the Commonwealth of Virginia "celebrated" Martin Luther King Day. In Virginia it is "Lee/Jackson/King Day." You know, as in General's Lee and Jackson? Apparently, they considered adding even more pro-slavery stalwarts to the list, but didn't want to dilute the praise for Lee and Jackson. What a farce. What an embarrassment. Shame on them.

Fourth, in that "Too Sexy" song, the lyrics include: "I'm to sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts." Who? Who does it hurt? Him? People looking at him? Me? People listening to that song? Who is harmed by his over abundance of sex appeal? I need to know. This is the sort of thing I think about. I can't help it. I just can't.

Have a good weekend.

Comments

Josh Stump said…
Well, I have been preaching some lately, so maybe I will try turn that into a sermon. Good thoughts.
Mike Lewis said…
Fred is apparently too sexy for his cat which is, in itself, just gross.

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego