My Dad

My Dad went to his doctor today. Sadly, the new drug he was taking has also failed. The tumors on his liver have continued to grow and multiply. It appears that surgery is not an option. He is going to meet with experts in this particular type of tumor that fortunately reside locally in hopes of finding additional treatment options.

This news was not entirely unexpected, but was a heavy, heavy blow to my family.

On the positive side, he is feeling pretty good and did not suffer any of the bad side effects of this last drug.

Also, we know that God is in control and while I was hoping to be comforted by healing, I will take the comfort in trusting God.

Nevertheless, it is sad news today.

When I know more, I will post it here.

Thank you to all of those who care about us for your prayers and your encouragement.

God is good all the time.

Comments

cwinwc said…
So sorry Bro. We're praying for both a miracle and care from the east coast. God bless.
Sharie said…
Josh,
I'm sorry to hear that the Sutent isn't doing it's job. I'm sorry for what your parents and your entire family must be going through. Please let us know if there is anything tangible that we can do. We'd be happy to host the 2 Gs at our house for a few hours if needed. Just say the word.

In the mean time we will be praying like crazy.
leslie said…
i will echo (second) Sharie's 'comments'... because they echo the sentiments here at our house...
jhp said…
Josh - so sorry to hear this news about your dad. We are keeping you all in our prayers. And George is sorry he didn't know this news when he saw you today. We are thinking of you.
Peggy said…
Don't let the fear win. Face it one day at a time.
We love you.
T & P
Stoogelover said…
I'm saddened by this news. My heart goes out to you and your family. We went through this with my father about 19 years ago . . . .
Unknown said…
Joining in the sorrow and joining in the petitions.
Tam said…
We're praying!
Thurman8er said…
So sorry, Josh. I came by the blog today for the express purpose of checking on your Dad. The prayers will of course continue.
Cheryl Russell said…
We are lifting you all up in prayer. Thanks for these updates. God Bless you all!
Anonymous said…
Josh -

I haven't been by your blog in a while (obviously), so am just now (on Sunday 11/16/08) reading your latest news about your dad.

Every time I've thought about you and him all along, I've prayed for him. I lost my dad to liver cancer 12 years ago, but was able to spend a lot of time with him before he went to be with the Lord.

May God richly and deeply bless you all as you minister to him and may you be given an extra measure of grace in the time you have left to share with him.

Dee

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego