New sites


My lovely (or "mactastic" if you prefer) wife has recently pointed me to a couple of fun sites I have to share.


First is my favorite: http://thingsiwanttopunchintheface.blogspot.com/ It is somewhat PG-13 with language, but it is darn (I try to keep it PG) funny. Plus, I think this person might secretly be reading my mind somehow. I would say, it just seems like that because these are things that annoy everyone, but then why are there so many people who continue to do/like these things? Enjoy.



Then there is this latest gem: http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/ The above mentioned punch blog links here to share her dislike for food mixtures and I need to follow up on that. Why do so many people believe that taking multiple things they like and putting them together will make something even better? Are these the same people who would drink gasoline because they figure, "hey it smells good, it probably tastes good." (Gasoline does smell good....oh it does so....stop arguing, when you know you love it).
I mean, I love playing basketball, but I don't think it would be improved if I could play ball, eat a sandwhich and run through my yard in my bathrobe attacking shrubs with a samari sword and shouting "there can be only one" all at the same time.....wait, bad example because I do not, I repeate do NOT, like doing that last thing...ever...as far as you know.


The foods from the why you're fat blog also remind me of the Seinfeld episode where George tries to do all his favorite things at once which leads to crumbs in the sheets, the need for a portable TV and an angry girlfriend.


One thing at a time. I mean what is the American fascination with adding meat to other meat. I like meat. I like it as much as anyone I know, but I don't think one meat is better if I put more meat on it. Enjoy each meat for the goodness of that meat. Every meat is special and deserves to be eaten by itself. Unless you're talking about bacon of course, which goes on everything.


This discussion brings me to FOOD RULE 17 - It is not acceptable to simply combine the seperate food items of a complete meal in a large rectangular glass dish, cover it in cheese and bake it all together. You have not created a new food item, you have destroyed several perfectly good ones. The fact that we give this concept a name and serve it relentlessly at Church potlucks, does not make it right.


Basically we have taken what prisons do with their leftovers and said it is ok to serve that for dinner.


It's not.


Take a stand.


Don't get your recipes from prisons.


Ok, I'm done.....for now.

Comments

Kirk Strobeck said…
http://www.hulu.com/watch/30379/paulas-home-cooking-fried-mac-and-cheese
The Mactastic one. said…
First of all, nice to see you back writing all of your hillarity down so others can glimpse my world and help bear the weight of it all. Second of all, of course you would not be fighting shrubs with your samurai sword in your robe. You would, of course, be wearing less. Thirdly, you DO like meat much more than the next guy. Some of your college stories are the stuff of legend. And yet, I married you anyway.
cwinwc said…
Bro - I guess I'm a sick puppy because when I saw that photo I reacted like Pavlov's Dog! I promise I won't mix my tri-tip with my veggies.

the Mactastic one - You sound like my wife. :)
Cheryl Russell said…
Her post on Tyra Banks was hilarious and, yea, totally accurate.

Funny!

Popular posts from this blog

The myth of fingerprints

So Much Going On

I Left My Heart.....in San Diego